We sure had a glitch in our start for the morning. We were still having trouble with the heat so I called the camper van company again. They said they would work on it. But when we were ready to leave, we discovered that the battery was dead. This was a good news/bad news day. I will try to summarize what happened.
- Good news was that somebody in the campground had jumper cables.
- Bad news was the window wipers stopped working
- Good news was that the company figured out that we had to have the battery disconnected so we drove to the next town and found the mechanic
- Good news was that I convinced the company that they had to bring us a different van
- Bad news was that I couldn’t read the text message because I received from Nova (data company)
- Bad news was that I had made so many calls that I ran out of credit to make any more phone calls
- Good news was that we found a gas station where I could top off
- Bad news was that when I tried to call the company to tell them where we were, the data had not come through.
- Good news was that the waitress in the restaurant was able to figure out how to get me connected via phone to the Nova.
- Good news was that the camper company met us out on the road with a different camper.
- Bad news was that the new camper is not quite as nice as the one we had.
- Bad news is that I am having major internet problems.
- Good news is that I have 2 cameras with me because one of them is giving me problems.
- Good news is that the rain that was forecasted did not really happen.
- Good news is that there is more good news than bad news.
- Good news is that Elaine and I are still having fun and laughing a lot.
Now on to what else we did today.
Before we new that the windshield wipers weren’t working, we stopped at the concrete church on the way out of Hellissandur.
The church was built in 1903 and is the oldest concrete church in Iceland, perhaps even the world. When it was built, it received a replica of the altarpiece of the Lutheran Cathedral of Reykjavik. The lupins near it were beautiful.
I took a photo of our van through the lupins.
This cool bird was flying around our van and landed on the road in front of us.
I had some glitches with reducing the size of photos today so I am just uploading some of them. When I get home with more time and energy, will write more about where we were.
Finished by midnight and off to tuck into the sleeping bag. It sure gets cole here at night.